Friday, March 28, 2008

Sacred feather

so i guess people do read my blog. But that's okay because it makes me happy.
I wrote a rap and I was going to post it so I had it on both computers without emailing it to myself, but depending on my readers, i may take it down.
i'm not going to tell you who it's about.
But the geniuses will be able to figure it out. and maybe even non-geniuses.
So here we are. It's a work in progress, and I tweak it at least every few hours. Honestly.
And if you guess who it is, please don't use the name in a comment. Just in case, you know?
This is probably coming down. Seriously.

Verse one:
Man, I used to want to hug you
And make sure you never cry
But you wouldn’t let me try.
And then you didn’t tell me why.
All I know for sure is that
You didn’t want anything to do with me.
And I found it to be
Something that got to an intolerable degree.
You really ticked me off
One minute all friendly, and the next was “fuck off”.
You only had one thing on your mind
And I know fucking what.
It was a girl
And she fucking made you cut.
She’s a great person, yeah, I know.
But you were so fucking stubborn, that you couldn’t let go.

Chorus:
Sometimes, you know, I wish you dead.
But only because I can't get in your head.
Just know I always hated to love you best.
And send your smile my regrets.

Verse two:
And now.
Man, I’m spending way too much time.
Just sitting here stringing together words that rhyme.
And hoping it turns out at least a little okay.
Hoping I didn’t just waste a good chunk of my day.
It always felt like I didn’t care
But now, you’re not there
It’s all stressful air, and I can feel it.
Just like maybe if I reach out, I can steal it.
And maybe toss it out the door
Accidentally throw it on the floor
Like “oops, there it goes.
The bullshit that everyone knows.
I hope it doesn’t reappear.
Because I’m kind of glad it isn’t still here.”

Chorus:
Sometimes, you know, I wish you dead.
But only because I can't get in your head.
Just know I always hated to love you best.
And send your smile my regrets

In other news, I have a busy weekend.
i'm headed to a volleyball game tomorrow morning and then babysitting that afternoon. Then I'm going to a show that night (probably). Anyone want to come?
Sunday I'm babysitting and then going to the mall with shelby. What do you have planned?

No comments: