Sunday, April 13, 2008

Don't deconstruct.

I cleaned my room today.
It took about 5 hours.
I listened to Rilo Kileys Takeoffs and Landings album at least 5 times, and my Chaplain CD once or twice.

If you've ever been inside my bedroom before, you may recall it being difficult to walk through, with a desk with junk piled sky high, a chair you can't even sit in because it's covered with sweatshirts, a corner of more junk, stupid drawings and epic photographs on the walls. Among other things. Only the photos remain.

I started with the corner. I filled a garbage bag with bullshit and found 7 unused gift cards. I found my stuffed cat that I got when I was 4. I (lovingly) threw her into the washing machine.
The desk was next. That took a really long time. I first had to go through the three drawers and get rid of the crap in there. Then I moved on to the mount rainier of the 408. I got rid of a lot of useless crap, and some useful stuff that just took up too much space. I called my brother in and we moved my desk perpendicular to where it was before. It's now up against the wall instead of sticking out, and it's a lot more space efficient. I intend to use it for sewing, not homework.
Bookshelf. It wasn't too hard, I just got rid of the stuff that wasn't books, and cleared off the top. Threw away some of that junk. It was very dusty. I found lots of stuff to sell at a garage sale, too.
I moved on to the top of my dresser. lots of useless old stuff, so that all went to ze trashbags. I found maybe 200 mardi gras bead strings. Not kidding. If anyone has any idea what to do with them, please tell me, because I'm totally stumped.
I vacuumed the room next, and then organized everything else. You know, all the little stuff. It looks a lot nicer now, and way less embarrassing. It'll probably last a few days...

I'd like to share with you the easiest recipe for Nachos ever. And they're tasty.
you will need your favorite:
- Chips
- Canned chili
- Mexican blend of shredded cheeses
(or cheddar)
- Salsa
1. Put a layer of chips on a big platter.
2. Cover with some cheese.
3. Then as much chili as you want.
4. Then more cheese!
5. Microwave for about 2 and a half minutes.
6. Dollop some salsa on.
7. munchmunchmunch
NOTE: I hate sour cream. I mean, I don't really HATE it, because I don't actually hate anything, but I don't like it. If you like it, you can put some on too with the salsa. And also, you can use any kind of chili. Vegetarian, turkey, bean, beef, whatever. It doesn't even have to be canned. :]

+ ew. school tomorrow!

1 comment:

itsasecret said...

lol!
a recipe for nachos? random. but i'll try it sometime.
hmm, now i want taco bell.
i hate sour cream, too.
so i always ask for sourcream-free stuff.
plus it's less fatty that way.