Tuesday, December 11, 2007

December 11th.

Today was a bad day for two reasons:
1) No GSA today (which wasn't TOO bad, really...)
2) I took a morning shower.
Because it was a bad day, I thought a LOT.
I have a list, a new favorite word, and a question.
the post commences:

My list of things I don't like and actually intend to do something about
Everyone has things and problems they just don't like dealing with, but never do anything about it. Well, I now have a list of the things I don't like AND solutions.
-Bananas - I promise never to eat a banana unless it's in smoothie form, combined with strawberries at orange julius.
-(Weekday) Morning Showers - I promise to never take a morning shower on a weekday unless I have at least an half hour extra in which to shower and dry.
-Myspace - I promise, starting December 12th, not to go on myspace for one FULL week, which actually is tougher than it sounds. Means of communication will be blogspot, facebook, email, or telephone.
-Pants - I can't do much about how much I hate pants, as it's getting cold out and skirts look bad on me anyways. I just promise that I hate pants.

My new favorite word that I discovered in Biology today:

Today, in Biology, I started doing my crossword that was homework when I noticed a funny word that was already filled in: DIPLOID. "Diploid," I said partly to myself, and partly to Annie. "Why, what a curious word." Annie pointed out that it sounded like an insult. And it does. Well, I looked at the definition, and imagine my surprise when I see that the definition is "Two sets of chromosomes (2N): Sperm and egg cells combine to form this number of chromosomes." Well, that didn't tell us much, but there you have it. My definition of diploid: A failure at Biology who has both sperm and egg cells.

A question:
As I was sitting in Spanish today, doing nothing because I had already finished exercises 9-13, I wondered...when astronauts go up into space, do their ears pop? I eagerly await an answer. i assume they do, but once you're out of the atmosphere...?

and in other news, I realized why it was so cold in my room these past few days....behind the curtain, my window was open!
I also found that two of the words I misspell most commonly are discover and exercise, and I used both words in this post so that I could practice spelling them.

toodles

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yay! i love long posts. ok, let me ramble for a while.

bananas: now straight bananas for you? (and i mean that in the least sexual way possible)

-Myspace: ouch. i probably couldn't do that. i'm lame haha. shall i try with you?

-Pants: i heart pants, but i have hairy legs lol

-diploid: haha, oh the ap bio stuff i could say about that. if you want to know about diploids some time, ask. i can also speak about haploids and triploids.

-astronauts: they're in a pressurized, airtight compartment, so i'd imagine not actually.

-window: haha. mine's the coldest with the window shut. but i don't close my blinds, so that doesn't help.

-spelling: i type a lot of words wrong and suck at spelling. whenever i type, i type "a" and "e" before the letter that actually goes there. i'm always typing "teh"

sweet. i love wasting time, i.e. procrastinating, i.e. not doing hwk. lol